Ely-online.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ely-online.com
Ely-online.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ely Market????

Go down

Ely Market???? Empty Ely Market????

Post  Admin Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:18 pm

As many of you know Ely is at risk of losing it's Saturday craft market. The reason being given so far is that the council need to save approx £35.000. This saiving is going to be made by cutting 2 jobs. The next meeting is at the Grange in Ely (Opposite the Police station) on February 23rd at 6.30 pm. Lets get as many people there as we can to support our campaign in keeping the matket as it is... When it was suggested at a previous meeting that they introduce an extra 15 stalls to cover the 35k needed it was not even considered. It seems to be that whatever suggestions are put forward to solve the apparent money problem they are totally dispanded. Let's see if the council actually tell us the truth about why they really want to put a inevitable end to the Saturday Craft market.

Another rumour is that where the council currently store the market stalls (Barton road) is being sold. Maybe this is why the suggestion of raising the funds by more stalls was quickly ignored.

The Craft market attracts visitors from all around the area. With a total of over 5300 signatutres surely the council must listen to the people. From recent reports they disregarded approx 1300 signatures because they were not from the local area and their votes apparently are not valued. Please correct me if im wrong (I dont think I am though) but I would say it's very important to the Ely areas economy to get new visitors to the area. Maybe the council needs to make an appearence into the real world?..To be continued...

Admin
Admin

http://www.ely-online.com

Back to top Go down

Ely Market???? Empty Ely Market

Post  Admin Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:02 pm

Looks like the Saturday Market is saved!!!!. Great news for Ely and its stall holders...Below is a copy of the ammended made by the council. I'm sure many of us are very pleased at the out come.

Ely Market???? Council-Letter

Admin
Admin

http://www.ely-online.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum