Ely-online.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ely-online.com
Ely-online.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm setting up a new charity group!!! PLEASE READ!!! Let's beat loneliness!!!!!

2 posters

Go down

I'm setting up a new charity group!!! PLEASE READ!!! Let's beat loneliness!!!!! Empty I'm setting up a new charity group!!! PLEASE READ!!! Let's beat loneliness!!!!!

Post  rachelgimbert Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:10 am

Hello!

My name is Rachel and I have just volunteered myself to become the new coordinator for 'Contact the Elderly' in Ely. It is a charity that helps to combat loneliness in elderly people by arranging small social gatherings for a cup of tea and a chat... I was horrified that in the whole of Cambridgeshire there are only three small groups, all based in central Cambridge. SO, I am looking to recruit some wonderful and willing volunteers to lend me a hand once a month! Basically I'm looking for a few people who wouldn't mind giving up a couple of Sundays a year (that's right, only two a year!!) to have a few wonderful and lonely golden oldies over for a cup of tea and a chat! We'll also need a few people willing to drive them, but you get tea and cake too obviously!

Please have a look on the Contact-the-elderly website for more info or to sign up! (sorry it won't let me post a link!)

It is going to take me a while to get it sorted, but PLEASE, PLEASE get in touch with me on here or apply directly on the website if you are interested in helping out in any way! There are lots of different ways you can help.

Thank you so much!!
Rachel
rachelgimbert
rachelgimbert

Back to top Go down

I'm setting up a new charity group!!! PLEASE READ!!! Let's beat loneliness!!!!! Empty New Charity

Post  Admin Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:04 pm

Hi Rachel
Thanks for the post. looks like a great cause. You can post a link to your website.

admin

Admin
Admin

http://www.ely-online.com

Back to top Go down